I need to protect myself


"The tears fall, they're so easy to wipe off onto my sleeve,
But how do I erase the stain from my heart" - Anonymous
(I sketched her on 5 Feb'12, Today I give words to her tears)



I sit alone, Cornered, Aloof,
Perched on a teak wood chair.
Legs pulled to my Chest.
Arms grasp them tightly, 
As if to protect me.
But From Whom ?

All by myself, I sit alone,
Wondering about the ways of life.
Tears roll down my cheeks.
Dampening my spirits.
But why ?

Realization dawns. 
The tiny droplets contours my face
Reaches the dimpled chin 
And is soaked by the cotton of my sleeve
A blink, A flash of memory
And a soothing, beatific face
Resurfaces from the empty darkness

All makes sense now,
The sudden outburst of my eyes,
The vacant gaze in the nothingness, 
The numbness of the mind,
The detached heartbeat,
All makes sense now !!

I need to protect myself.
From Me,
From You,
From the ugly ways of this World.
From loving you so hard
That it hurts like death.
I need to protect myself.
I am protecting myself.

Comments

Post a Comment