Planting Happiness

When you plant trees, make your own little garden in the limited space you have, you certainly are planting happiness - one pot at a time.
There is no way your lips will not turn into an upward curve, seeing the beautiful shades of greens, and the colorful pinks and reds of the flower bed, all made possible by your own handwork and dedication.

A garden is certainly a delight to the eye, and solace to the soul, especially in this concrete world.

In today's time most of us, have moved from our hometown to cities, for education or job.
Urban cities today are more about the apartment culture, where you will have perhaps a balcony to fulfill your plant love and some window sills to hang those colorful pots.
Whatever be the space, you can not ignore the life a pot of green brings to the room.

Inculcated in me through the weekend tasks of watering the plants, removing dry leaves during my schooldays, the love for plants and gardening has perhaps been there in me since childhood. A half yearly chore in our garden, would be laying down the red bricks in patterns to make kyaari. It would be the father-daughter bonding time, thinking of patterns to lay them in.

From assisting my father in our industrial township home in Dhanbad, to maintaining a small garden of my own in Bangalore, I believe I have taken some steps forward with this beautiful hobby of mine.
My journey of being able to maintain plants, I would say has been nothing less than Awesome !! (in my eyes)
Not trying to blow my own trumpet here, but I was one who could not even keep a cactus alive a few years back, and now I have hit half century in my green collection.

Here are some images as my alibi, in my defense, from my home space.
 
Since two years now, these little things of beauty, have taught me -
 - patience : the wait for the plant to grow, the wait for the bloom to come
 - hardwork : be persistent in the routine around the garden, and finally enjoy a healthy one
 - discipline : no wonders have been achieved, without this virtue
 - hope : in trying to revive a wilting plant
 - jugaad :-) : every Indian brain is embedded with this, and can come in handy in all areas.

I have made some progress on my erstwhile wilting cactus experience, but there is certainly lots to sow and reap on this journey ahead.

Miles to go before I sleep,
Miles to go before I sleep.


Comments

  1. So well expressed. You always inspire me Rashmi. Great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation di. This really motivates to work on another piece :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment