Please.. Let me Live





(I am not being sadist, by writing about something as serious as this. But its just that with the current scenario, where a girl/ woman is not safe in the safest of places, I just could not help, but pen down my haunting thoughts)


I was walking, Hand in hand
With my life, and lazy strides.
My mistake, it was nine at night
Unaware of the spiteful eye.

Was that ? Was that a shadow behind me ?
I looked over my shoulders, Scared ...
But had my eyes gaze only,
The silhouette of branches in the darkness

Oh c'mmon ! I heard a voice inside my head
Don't imagine the worst.
I soothed myself down,
"No, nothing will happen Dear,
Just keep walking."

100 mtrs down, with prayers on my lips;
The shadow again emerged
No, I could not be hallucinating
I could not be imagining
With no strength to turn back,
I upped my pace.

I froze !
I felt a hand on my shoulders
And could only garner the force to utter
"Please.. let me go !
Please.. let me live !!"

Comments

  1. wid some of my expert comments this became even better. :P in less than 10 min waaahhh proud oh u jaldi se book likho n give me credits for it fast...:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u lil sis :-)
    and NO CREDITS to u :-P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment